Friday, November 20, 2009

The edge of the knife

Tonight could very well prove to be the defining moment of this Congress. After the events of this evening I do not find it useful to share the one thing we actually ratified today because without the whole, the one is useless. What occurred tonight was inevitable. The passions and opinions and the patriotism that is so prevalent in this assembly demanded it. I cannot share with you the contents of this evenings discussion because I am bound to secrecy and it is a requirement of an executive session. I would like to apologize to those of you who wanted to follow along at home because we had to disable the internet feed, even removed the batteries from our cell phones and locked the doors. Tomorrow we shall return to the important work at hand I believe more energized than ever before. I will however share with you just a piece of what I shared with my fellow delegates this evening and that is first, I love you. I love each and every one of you. Secondly, a quote from Henry Longfellow, "Sail on, O ship of State; Sail on, O Union strong and great; Humanity with all its fears; with all our hopes for future years; is hanging breathless on thy fate"

No comments:

Post a Comment