Friday, November 20, 2009

Bringing it all together

Today was the last day to finish voting on the reports of the various committees. We accepted a resolution on private property. As we moved onto a report from the committee on education things began to unravel again as the emotions of the previous evening began to emerge again. With clearer heads to guide our decisions we stopped immediately and left the Congress and to discuss it as the Committee of the Whole. I prefer to refer to it as the Committee of the Grievances. We spent 45 minutes clearing the air and having a sort of catharsis. By the end we postponed the Education, Faithfully Execute and 4 other resolutions until a potential reconvening of the Congress. After this we broke into 6 separate sub-committees to begin developing our Compact, formerly known as Articles of Association...but this was dropped due to the fact that it implies an incorporation and carries with it other legal ramifications. I am a part of the committee charged with developing the preamble to our final work. I am honored to be working on such an important task. We have finished, with great pleasure in our product, a draft of the preamble that will be appearing in our completed documentation. This will be the first thing that people will read and I am eager to see what this fine group of men and women can produce. I have to say...I am so happy today was slower day with little to report. These blogs have gotten longer by the day and I almost feel as if I am doing you a disservice by not continuing the trend. But, if you will permit, my mind and fingers need a rest. Goodnight and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment